German academic fraternity fencing tho now that is hxcx its not even an actual sport its an ‘honor’ thing and the whole point is to walk away with visible wounds and scars
A little history of my scars
1. age 18, my very first scars. originally cut by me with a scalpel. at 19 I had the late Nate Hudson in Portland brand over them again.
2. age 22, skin removal autopsy cut by Brian Decker out of Brooklyn. fresh and freshly healed.
3. and 4. age 24, three tiny scars on each side and the third line below my original scars on my chest. cut by Simone Kross during bdsm session.
5. age 25, exaggerated C section scar on lower abdomen cut by Brian Decker.
6. age 26, long slash marks across chest and side cut by Brian Decker.
dude this is cool as fuck
i took off my tiny bandages cause I got sick of em
check out my gross scar
The SCAR Project is a series of large-scale portraits of young breast cancer survivors shot by fashion photographer David Jay. Primarily an awareness raising campaign, The SCAR Project puts a raw, unflinching face on early onset breast cancer while paying tribute to the courage and spirit of so many brave young women.
Dedicated to the more than 10,000 women under the age of 40 who will be diagnosed this year alone, The SCAR Project is an exercise in awareness, hope, reflection and healing.
Now HERE’S a good goddamn glimpse at breast cancer. Fuck your “save second base” bullshit. -C
Burn victims with scar contracture along the jaw and neck.
The Art and Science of Burn Care by John A. Boswick, Jr.
This is a man who was struck by lightning when he was walking in a storm and the metallic necklace that he was wearing absorbed the strike. it heated up and melted away, leaving a burn mark, reminiscent of its shape. The person was otherwise unaffected, miraculously.
Picture Credits: Dr. Tanveer Adil, MBBS, MS, Medical College, Kolkata
Lichtenberg figure - this crazy scar is found on lightning strike survivors and occasionally on those who were near a lightning strike. These scars exhibit fractal geometry, and if you’ve never studied fractals I highly recommend looking into them. Simply put, fractals are patterns that exhibit self similar characteristics, meaning they look the same at different scales. The overall scar demonstrates the pattern of the electrical outburst creating the lightning, a smaller section of the scar displays the same pattern of the over all scar and the bolt of lightning causing the scar, and on and on and on.